Majicpanda

Mecanim seems to be a curse word around here, but to develop a very complex character controller without it seems like an impossible task.

Does anyone have any example snippets or ideas on how they're making controllers?

Examples would be something like this:
Capture.PNG

I know this doesn't appear very complicated, but in the Attacks layer there are very specific combos depending on what weapon is equipped:
Capture2.PNG

The toughest part of this is how to create the spine animations and transition between attacks and everything else properly. Mecanim makes this part of the task extremely easy, but I feel like support for mecanim will only get worse and worse until Unity breaks something and then we are stuck on an old version etc.. worse case I know, but could happen.

The melee attack combos are pretty simple.. if the player smashes the attack button it sets a Trigger that needs to get consumed and the current attack animation is at least 95% complete and only is consumed if the player is capable of attacking.. meaning not in one of the Interrupts or Jumping etc.

-- 15 Dec 2015, 11:55 --

Lots of activity as expected ;)

One thought I had was using Mecanim as a state machine to detect and set the right animations instead of trying to write one but still using SkeletonAnimator... has anyone attempted that? Seems like it could be a big help.
Bu mesaja eklenen dosyaları görüntülemek için gerekli yetkilere sahip değilsiniz.
Majicpanda
  • Mesajlar: 197

Mitch

Unity 5.3 added a lot of promising features for Mecanim that will help sort out the Spine blending problem (and also solved a bunch of my beef with it).

It might be a little while but I will take another pass at Mecanim integration eventually. The main dilemma stems from the fact that Spine supports a great many features that simply aren't present in standard 3D anim workflows so its a giant chain of edge cases that vary from each persons project requirements.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Mitch

Mitch
  • Mesajlar: 978

Majicpanda

The only big problems I am having problems with mecanim are the unreliable mecanim events and blending of animations causing unreliable processing of Bounding Box attachments. I've had to key frame in 3 "on" frames and 3 "off" frames to ensure they properly enable/disable. Not 100% sure if this would also occur if mecanim was avoided.

Really curious what problems you were having and your grief since I seem to be doing ok blending animations.. but only after I enforced an Exit Time of .9 and Fixed Duration set true with a duration of .1 for animations long enough to support it. I was having twitchy odd blending before I found this sweet spot of settings.
Majicpanda
  • Mesajlar: 197

Dön Unity