CrispyArrow

Sorry if the title is not clear, I am not that experienced with spine yet.
I'll try to specify my problem with images.

Okay so I have some gameobjects in my project that use SkeletonAnimation, and in the Inspector of the skeleton animation script there are a ton of options. such as "Initial Skin", "Loop" "TimeScale" and the one that I want to focus on: "Animation".
"Animation" allows your character to start with a specific animation. but this however, does not cover multiple animations. My game object in this case has 3 different area's that have to be animated. the face, body and mouth. Now, what I would like is there to be 3 "Animation" windows instead of just 1. this way I can animate all body parts at the same time.

Here's an image as an example:

The reason I want this is because I am using playmaker studio, and with this animating would be extremely easy, and also easy to use by other users.
CrispyArrow
  • Mesajlar: 4

Pharan

Not sure how Playmaker works, but my first instinct is to think you need a separate script. Not modify SkeletonAnimation. The animation dropdown in the inspector is mostly just for convenience and testing.

You normally won't be playing animations through it even through code, as it does lack some desired behaviors like playing the same animation back to the start, and playing on different tracks like what you wanted.

We'll be moving this thread in the Unity section after you reply. Please check back there.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Pharan
  • Mesajlar: 5366

CrispyArrow

at the moment, I have a separate script that handles animations and works through the use of booleans and strings to specify which animation to play. however, since the requirement is that the script is reusable by other programmers without the need of scripting, I have started to get stuck a bit.
My idea was to create an array which contains a boolean AND string per element. but playmaker doesn't allow reading variables from an array.

In the end, the point is that the script can be reused for different animations on different spine objects, without the need of hardcoding.
CrispyArrow
  • Mesajlar: 4

Pharan

If you need multiple animations and Playmaker can't do arrays, sounds like you gotta dance around Playmaker.

You could try multiple instances of that same script on the same GameObject though. I dunno if Playmaker can work with that.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Pharan
  • Mesajlar: 5366

Dön Unity