Scoppex

Hello,
How in details step by step can I make spine object in unity flashing white? Is this possible?
I would like to use it as a hit effect.
Scoppex
  • Mesajlar: 10

Harald

We would recommend using the Spine/Skeleton Tint Black shader for this purpose. You can find documentation about it here:
spine-unity Runtime Documentation: Shaders

A simpler approach can be seen in the Spine Examples/Other Examples/SpineGauge example scene which uses the Spine/Skeleton Fill shader.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Harald

Harri
  • Mesajlar: 4104

Scoppex

Ok, thank you Harald :)

---

I was trying to do it, but when I change shader to
Spine/Skeleton Tint Black
then my spine object are not reacting on lights on the scene. Im using Universal Render Pipeline, maybe thats the problem? What I can do in that case?
Scoppex

Harald

Ok, that's a different story then. Unfortunately we have no lit version of the Tint Black shader available, neither for URP, nor for the normal render pipeline. Using URP, what you can do is use the Universal Render Pipeline/Spine/Sprite shader and either use the Emission color to tint only the white part, or enable Color Adjustment and set the Overlay Color to your desired color (be sure to set the color's alpha value too, otherwise the overlay will have zero alpha).
Kullanıcı avatarı
Harald

Harri

Scoppex

Ok, I have done what you said and it works now, thank you:)
BTW. It have some downsides that I have used this method (with Color Adjustment) instead of that hou have suggested first?
Performance will be the same when I change it to "Universal Render Pipeline/Spine/Sprite" from lit version I had before?
Scoppex

Harald

Glad to hear it's working.
Scoppex yazdı:BTW. It have some downsides that I have used this method (with Color Adjustment) instead of that hou have suggested first?
The downside is that Tint Black looks a bit better, but that might depend on your scenario and is a subjective judgement.
Scoppex yazdı:Performance will be the same when I change it to "Universal Render Pipeline/Spine/Sprite" from lit version I had before?
Theoretically the Sprite shaders are more costly performance-wise, but in a real world scenario it is likely not even measurable. This depends on your use case however, so please be sure to always test performance on the target device, using a Release build.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Harald

Harri

Scoppex

Thank you once again for your comprehensive answer.
Scoppex

Dön Runtimes