xcaseyx

Hi guys, Im trying to get up and running with spine, and to start I took spineboys setup and adjusted the bones to fit my character. Setup an animation, followed the export process, and got up to attaching the .json file to my SkeletonData asset. I only get an error of

Missing Region: "part"
"" "" ""
"" "" ""
"" "" ""
"" "" ""
"" "" ""


until it lists all the 'parts' of the character.


Is there something I may be doing wrong?

the features that are shown in this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UopOOYVj1gc

do not seem available in the runtimes that Im using, ie ingesting from contextual menu. It also appears that the editor is capable of reading .atlas and .json files without the additional .txt suffix.

following this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1umSQulghA

I am hit with the missing region error. Im stumped, any help would be great.
xcaseyx
  • Mesajlar: 1

Nate

It looks in the atlas for a region with the name from the error message, but it doesn't find it. Open your .atlas (or .atlas.txt for Unity) file with a text editor and see what it has for the region names. Probably you have the wrong path, eg maybe you have images/part in your atlas file instead of just part.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate
  • Mesajlar: 12144

JJTooKind

Hi,

I've got the same mistake with a whole new spine object I have made.
It's a really simple object, just an orb moving up and down.
When I put the JSON in the Skeleton Data it just says : "Missing region 'orbeOhiti' "

My JSON file is
{"skeleton":{"hash":"4p5KCr1vpHgEHlKjGJlp+vIN7nQ","spine":"2.1.27","width":128.66,"height":128.66},"bones":[{"name":"root"}],"slots":[{"name":"OrbeBravoure","bone":"root","attachment":"orbeOhiti"}],"skins":{"default":{"OrbeBravoure":{"orbeOhiti":{"x":-0.78,"scaleX":0.032,"scaleY":0.032,"width":4000,"height":4000}}}},"animations":{"flottement":{"bones":{"root":{"translate":[{"time":0,"x":0,"y":10,"curve":[0.25,0,0.75,1]},{"time":1.1666,"x":0,"y":-10,"curve":[0.25,0,0.75,1]},{"time":2.3333,"x":0,"y":10}]}}}}}
And the atlas file is :
OrbeBravoure.png
size: 1024,1024
format: RGBA8888
filter: Linear,Linear
repeat: none
orbeOhiti
rotate: false
xy: 2, 2
size: 628, 628
orig: 800, 800
offset: 86, 111
index: -1
Everything seems good to me but I have the error anyway... Is there something I did wrong or there actually a bug ?

Thanks a lot.
Jimmy
Kullanıcı avatarı
JJTooKind
  • Mesajlar: 4

Mitch

make sure your atlas' file extension is .atlas.txt
Kullanıcı avatarı
Mitch

Mitch
  • Mesajlar: 978

Turtlepig

I also ran into an issue with missing regions. I found the bug that was causing it for my situation. If the name of your image ends in an underscore then a number, spine's export process clips it for some reason. For example 6 of my 25 image attachments were named with the following convention:
left_wing_1
left_wing_2
left_wing_3
right_wing_1
right_wing_2
right_wing_3

however after exporting them I looked in my spine generated skeleton.atlas.txt file and this was the result for those 6 regions:

CharacterSet_Angel/left_wing
rotate: false
xy: 526, 190
size: 522, 290
orig: 522, 290
offset: 0, 0
index: 3
CharacterSet_Angel/left_wing
rotate: false
xy: 1050, 157
size: 341, 323
orig: 341, 323
offset: 0, 0
index: 2
CharacterSet_Angel/left_wing
rotate: true
xy: 1736, 276
size: 204, 357
orig: 204, 357
offset: 0, 0
index: 1
CharacterSet_Angel/right_wing
rotate: false
xy: 2, 190
size: 522, 290
orig: 522, 290
offset: 0, 0
index: 3
CharacterSet_Angel/right_wing
rotate: false
xy: 1393, 157
size: 341, 323
orig: 341, 323
offset: 0, 0
index: 2
CharacterSet_Angel/right_wing
rotate: true
xy: 2095, 276
size: 204, 357
orig: 204, 357
offset: 0, 0
index: 1

As you can see, for whatever reason the export process removes the _# . I renamed those files and attachments to names like left_wing1 instead and confirmed that works to fix the issue. Hope this helps someone
Turtlepig
  • Mesajlar: 3

Pharan

When you pack the textures, make sure you have Use indexes unchecked.
That feature is used by libGDX but Spine has this unchecked by default.
But if it's checked, it uses the "_#" as the index property of that region. (Texture Packing - Spine User Guide: Options)
indexes.png


See "right_wing_2"
became:
CharacterSet_Angel/right_wing
rotate: false
xy: 1393, 157
size: 341, 323
orig: 341, 323
offset: 0, 0
index: 2
Bu mesaja eklenen dosyaları görüntülemek için gerekli yetkilere sahip değilsiniz.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Pharan
  • Mesajlar: 5366

jerkan

Pharan yazdı:When you pack the textures, make sure you have Use indexes unchecked.
That feature is used by libGDX but Spine has this unchecked by default.
But if it's checked, it uses the "_#" as the index property of that region. (http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-texture-packer#Options)
indexes.png


See "right_wing_2"
became:
CharacterSet_Angel/right_wing
rotate: false
xy: 1393, 157
size: 341, 323
orig: 341, 323
offset: 0, 0
index: 2
I just created an account to say thank you. This was my issue and tried a lot of other things. Thanks!
jerkan
  • Mesajlar: 1

Harald

Sorry to hear you've been having problems, but glad that you've figured it out! Thanks for taking the time to register just for this posting!
Kullanıcı avatarı
Harald

Harri
  • Mesajlar: 4341


Dön Runtimes