amol lokare

Somehow I didn't check the spine version and save some animation files to 3.8.64 which was needed for 3.7.87
and now developer couldn't open these files in the unity project or export it as a previous version. please help me to save a lot of work :)
amol lokare
  • Mesajlar: 1

Erika

Hello!

In order to import a json exported with Spine v3.8 into v3.7 you will need to use the JsonRollback tool.

1. Export a json with "Nonessential data" checked in the export settings, otherwise the mesh information might be lost.

2. Download Skeleton Viewer from this page: Skeleton Viewer

3. Make sure to have java installed and up to date: http://www.java.com/

4. Copy skeletonViewer-beta.jar in the folder where you saved the json exports

5. Launch the command line, then type this command, structured as follows:
java -cp "skeletonViewer.jar" com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback "the-file-to-convert.json" "3.7" "the-file-destination.json"
For example, in my case I launched this command:
java -cp "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\json\skeletonViewer.jar" com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback "C:\Users\ Admin\Desktop\json\oldfile.json" "3.7" "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\json\3.7\newfile.json"
(you can also save this text in a file and rename it with a .bat extension, then double click it to execute it)

6. downgrade Spine to v3.7 and import the generated json

---

The command line is located in different places depending on your operating system: https://arian-celina.com/windows-cmd-macos-terminal-navigation/
Kullanıcı avatarı
Erika

Erikari
  • Mesajlar: 2957

KWiebe

Hi! Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am getting these errors.
PS C:\Users\kate> java -cp "C:\Users\kate\Documents\TESTESTESTEST\skeletonViewer.jar" com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback "PiggyButton.json" "3.7" "PiggyButton2.json"
Exception in thread "main" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SerializationException: Error reading file: PiggyButton.json
at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.Json.fromJson(Json.java:758)
at com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback.main(JsonRollback.java:64)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.SerializationException: Error parsing file: PiggyButton.json
at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.JsonReader.parse(JsonReader.java:78)
at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.Json.fromJson(Json.java:756)
... 1 more
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Error reading file: PiggyButton.json (Absolute)
at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.read(FileHandle.java:150)
at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.reader(FileHandle.java:169)
at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.JsonReader.parse(JsonReader.java:76)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: PiggyButton.json (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.read(FileHandle.java:146)
... 4 more
Any idea how to fix this? Cheers
KWiebe
  • Mesajlar: 4

Erika

Hi! It looks like the JsonRollback can't read the json. Did you export it from v3.8 with "Nonessential data" checked?
Did you use the latest version of the jar to launch it?
Kullanıcı avatarı
Erika

Erikari

KWiebe

That is correct. Exported with 3.8.72 and using Skeleton Viewer, v3.8.61. Attached is a picture of what my export settings look like...
Bu mesaja eklenen dosyaları görüntülemek için gerekli yetkilere sahip değilsiniz.
KWiebe

Erika

You don't need to check pretty print in this case. Did you get any warning on export? did you use features not present in older versions of Spine, such as skin bones?
Kullanıcı avatarı
Erika

Erikari

KWiebe

There are other skeletons in the project that use skin placholders, but not on the specific skeleton I am using the json of... No warnings on export.
KWiebe

Mario

You need to run this command from the folder where your .json file is, or specify the full path to the input .json file. Taking a guess based on your info above, that path is likely C:\Users\kate\Documents\TESTESTESTEST\PiggyButton.json.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Mario

Mario
  • Mesajlar: 2631

KWiebe

It worked!!! Thank you!
KWiebe

mfedorov

don't convert path const percentage and mix parametrs on last Skeleton Viever from 3.8 to 3.7
Kullanıcı avatarı
mfedorov
  • Mesajlar: 269

momijigari

I'm trying to convert my Spine animation jsons from 3.7 to 3.6
using this instrution (and skeletonViewer 3.7), and it doesn't work.

It creates a file with a plain name "3.6" (no extension), and it's a json with previous version.
momijigari
  • Mesajlar: 3

Nate

@momijigari With the JsonRollback tool you can specify either 2.1 or 3.7 to perform the following conversions:
2.1: supports going from version 3.3.xx to 2.1.27.
3.7: supports going from version 3.8.xx to 3.7.94.
It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, there's not much (or any) difference between 3.7 and 3.6 JSON. Are you sure you need to do a conversion?
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate
  • Mesajlar: 11349

momijigari

Thank you, Nate.

So I can convert to just 2 versions of Spine?

My problem is that we have been doing all animations in Spine 3.7.94
But my customer's game engine supports 3.6.53, and they require exports for 3.6.53
And not all animations can be manually converted to 3.6 (by exporting JSON from 3.7 and then importing those into 3.6 Spine), some just don't import.
So I'm tryin to find a solution here.
momijigari
  • Mesajlar: 3

Nate

We would have to first determine why your 3.7 JSON doesn't import into 3.6. Can you post or email one of the problematic JSON files? contact@esotericsoftware.com
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate

jhonatanssilva

Hi, I'm trying to export json file from the spine 4.0.51 to 3.8, but I am getting this result on terminal here on my mac:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback
jhonatanssilva
  • Mesajlar: 7

Nate

Sorry, you cannot go from 4.0 to an earlier version. 4.0 stores the curve information in ways that cannot be represented in older versions.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate

javier_mh94

Hi, I'm trying to convert a file from version 3.8.99 to 3.7, but it gives me the following error:
Error: Could not find or load main class com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback

I have the skeletonViewer-beta.jar file in the same folder as the file I want to convert and I just installed Java
javier_mh94
  • Mesajlar: 2

Nate

@javier_mh94 Sorry about that, we've uploaded Skeleton Viewer 4.0.53-beta which fixes that problem.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate

javier_mh94

Thanks Nate! Now it works perfectly
javier_mh94

Nate

@jhonatanssilva We have updated JsonRollback in Skeleton Viewer 4.0.54-beta to support specifying a version of 3.8 to go from 4.0.xx to 3.8.99. However, there are some drawbacks: all curves will become linear, separate translate, scale, shear, and color timelines are lost, and constraint translate Y and shear Y are lost.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Nate

Nate

warmanw

We have updated JsonRollback in Skeleton Viewer 4.0.54-beta to support specifying a version of 3.8 to go from 4.0.xx to 3.8.99.
So that means we can go back from 4.x to any 3.8.x maybe even 3.7.x?

p.s. Cant open beta jar, Java updated
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/badlogic/gdx/ApplicationAdapter has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 57.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Kullanıcı avatarı
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer
  • Mesajlar: 277

taigacon

Nate yazdı:@javier_mh94 Sorry about that, we've uploaded Skeleton Viewer 4.0.53-beta which fixes that problem.
Hello, Skeleton Viewer 3.8.99 lacks the JsonRollback functionality too.
taigacon

AlexandraA

Hello everyone! We are trying to downgrade from version 3.8 to an older one. Prints a lot of errors. Then we tried to view the animations separately using skeletonViewer 3.8.99 - the black screen blinked and nothing happened. Java is updated.
As a test, the old 3.6 file with skeletonViewer-3.6.53 works perfectly
AlexandraA

Erika

Hello, what errors are you getting precisely? did you already try to downgrade the project following these instructions?
Open project in an older version
Kullanıcı avatarı
Erika

Erikari

Noody

Resolved

Hi! I'm trying to downgrade a json from 3.8.99 to 3.7 and having issues. I'm an animator, so I'm struggling with these kind of things.

I exported the .json with Nonessential data checked (and everything else unchecked).

I downloaded the Skeleton Viewer 4.0.54-beta from this site: http://de.esotericsoftware.com/spine-skeleton-viewer and put it into a folder on my desktop named "json" together with the .json I need downgraded.

I downloaded and installed the most recent Java version (Version 8 Update 281 Build 1.8.0_281-b09). I also checked, there is only one installed and it's version 8.

Then I ran this command:
java -cp "C:\Users\kerst\Desktop\json\skeletonViewer-beta.jar" com.esotericsoftware.spine.JsonRollback "C:\Users\kerst\Desktop\json\MainChara.json" "3.7" "C:\Users\kerst\Desktop\json\MainChara-2.json"
But I'm getting the attached error. What does it mean?

EDIT: I found the issue! I had the wrong Java version. I downloaded regular old java from java.com, but the correct one is the Java Development Kit you can find here: https://www.oracle.com/de/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html . You need to install it, reboot and then it should work.
Bu mesaja eklenen dosyaları görüntülemek için gerekli yetkilere sahip değilsiniz.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Noody
  • Mesajlar: 5

Dön Editor